We are enormously grateful to the alumni and friends of GSA who give of their time and expertise to support the school.
We welcome alumni and friends regularly to give informal presentations, lead workshops and professional development sessions and meet with students. If you would like to support us in this way, please contact GSA enquiries.
The Page One Project
We are delighted to be working with Laura White (BA Musical Theatre 2017), who, in 2020, launched The Page One Project, a programme designed to offer support, guidance and empowerment to individuals who come from underrepresented backgrounds in the creative arts. Students receive 1-1 monthly support from a mentor within the industry for the duration of the academic year. The focus has been creating a safe space for individuals to offload, share, connect and learn from those who have walked before them. For more information and to sign up please visit www.thepageoneproject.co.uk.
New SurreyConnects mentoring scheme
We are pleased to announce a new way of supporting GSA students in partnership with the University of Surrey, SurreyConnects, and we invite GSA alumni to sign up as short-term mentors to GSA students who are about to graduate. SurreyConnects is an online platform bringing together alumni and students for networking, industry tips and short-term mentoring through the ‘Three Cups of Coffee’ programme.
Students will boost their prospects by making new contacts and gaining valuable advice. Alumni will share their experience, find talent for their business, develop mentoring skills and, above all, help our next generation of graduates succeed at this critical time. It couldn’t be easier to get connected.
Why join SurreyConnects?
- Re-connect with fellow GSA graduates and meet new people.
- Access new talent – meet talented students and recent graduates looking for opportunities.
- Stay connected – keep up to date with the latest news from your Acting School and University.
- Boost your network – meet others from the Surrey community, gain new perspectives and open up new opportunities.
- Support our students – help the next generation of Surrey graduates by sharing your career or industry experiences.
- Become a mentor and boost your CV – develop your own skills by taking part in the informal, short-term mentoring programme, Three Cups of Coffee. We’ll be here with resources and ideas to support you as you become a mentor on the scheme.
For more information or to sign up, visit SurreyConnects