Our vision for GSA
To build on the significant success of the GSA and in support of the University of Surrey’s strategy, we have outlined the following vision for the School.
A globally-leading university conservatoire and centre of creative excellence for specialised and intensive training, education and research in performer and technical theatre training and performance making. At its core, a creative and reflective community of practitioners and researchers positively contributing to the social, economic, political and cultural challenges of the contemporary world.
Maintaining the unique nature of a conservatoire within a research-led university requires teaching and research of the highest quality. It is vital that close engagement with the creative industries and the related sectors are combined with a robust conviction and communication of the benefits of its activities to industry and society.
We have great ambitions for GSA. The Advisory Group will help us achieve these ambitions by:
- Offering advice, guidance and ideas
- Providing motivation, encouragement and focus
- Promoting GSA within their own industries and networks
- Helping us secure investment
The Advisory Group’s terms of reference will be:
- To advise the School on projects which will have an impact on the achievement of GSA’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
- To act as advocates on behalf of the School to a variety of constituencies
- To assist the School in achieving sustained excellence across a broad range of criteria.
- To act as a sounding board for the School
Advisory Group Members
|Ashley Herman (Chair)
|Founding Director | Playing Field
|Agent | Curtis Brown Literary & Talent Agency, GSA Alumni
|Theatre Director, GSA Alumnus
|Head of Guildford School of Acting
|Commercial Director | Encore Tickets
|Vice-President | Disney Theatrical Europe
|Ian Talbot OBE
|Kevin McGrath OBE
|Chair | McGrath Charitable Trust
|Actor, GSA Alumnus
|Managing Director & Senior Agent | CDM Ltd
|Head of Casting | Cameron Mackintosh
|Operations & Engagement Manager
|Theatre Producer | Charing Cross Theatre
|General Manager | Jermyn Street Theatre, GSA Alumnus