Established in 1935
Guildford School of Acting was founded by Pauline Grant and Bice Bellairs in 1935, then known as Grant-Bellairs School of Dance and Drama.
The school moved to Guildford at the beginning of World War II and operated from premises opposite the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, known as the Founders Studio. In 1964 Guildford School of Acting was constituted as a private charitable company whose objectives were to provide vocational training for actors and stage managers. GSA’s reputation for training multi-skilled performers gained international recognition with the inception of the Musical Theatre course in 1967.